Back pain is common and can limit your mobility, depending on the severity. Not only that, but it can also lead to chronic pain and long-term effects if it is not treated. At Trabuco Hills Chiropractic in Mission Viejo, CA, we providing quality chiropractic services to reduce your discomfort and improve your quality of life.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can develop suddenly or gradually due to structural changes in the spine. Some causes of back pain include:
- Ligament sprains: An injury to the ligaments, which connect the spinal bones and to other bones in the body, can cause back pain
- Scoliosis: A sideways curvature of the spine, which compresses the soft tissues in the spine and leads to pain
- Muscle strain: This is an injury to the muscles and tendons that connect the spine, which occurs due to an accident or medical condition
- Degenerative disc disease: This condition causes deterioration of the spinal disks and interferes with their function as shock absorbers. As a result, your spine’s flexibility will be limited and you will feel pain when bending, twisting, or moving
- Ruptured discs: A ruptured disc occurs when one or more of the discs between the vertebrae of the spine break down and cause back pain. Our chiropractor may order an X-ray scan to determine whether the herniated discs are responsible for the back pain
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain can produce a variety of symptoms. Some of these symptoms include the following:
- Weakness in the legs
- Back pain that doesn’t decrease after 48 hours
- Back pain from an accident
- Abdominal pain in addition to back pain
- Numbness in the inner thighs and buttocks
- Tingling in the legs
- Body imbalance
- Back stiffness
Back pain symptoms can be mild or severe. While some symptoms might resolve on their own, others might need a specialized treatment.
Can Chiropractic Treatment Help with Back Pain?
Our chiropractor can treat various musculoskeletal and neuromuscular conditions using hands-on techniques. During your first visit, we will ask you about any past back injuries, your lifestyle, current medications, sleep habits, diet, and additional health problems. Afterward, we will perform a physical exam to evaluate your spinal mobility. We may also take some tests like x-rays and blood tests to identify the root cause of your back pain and determine the necessary treatment. Your treatment may include spinal manipulations, rehabilitation exercises, heat and cold therapy, and dietary changes, which can help you recover quickly.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you have persistent back pain, let our team at Trabuco Hills Chiropractic in Mission Viejo, CA, help. Once we assess your condition, we will create a personalized treatment plan that tis designed to reduce your symptoms and help you heal. To schedule your first appointment, contact us at (949) 454-9355 today.